Sunday 11 August 2013

"Practically Happy"


This is my second blog in as many weeks and I am once again getting interested in writing. The topic for this blog is something which I wanted to write for past many years but every time I thought of it, I dropped the idea thinking of it to be too bold (in other terms of course) to write. But here I am writing on it. The topic is as you might have read the heading,” Practically Happy”.

26th July, 2012 was the day I started my college life. The whole first 15 months period of my college life was as happening as a Bollywood Film. One of the reasons that it was happening was not the situations but the situations I always used to end up in. The reason I used to end up in those situations was because I was not practical. Never being selfish, helping out anyone, trying to make everyone happy and making fool of myself. Any person who spoke sweetly and conversed with me nicely used to become my good friend and I used to share problems and other stuff. I never cared what the other person thought and could do with this attitude of mine but I was happy. The trust used to come easily.

But Life always has a better plan or at least another plan. The bad patch started and due to this attitude of mine I ended up in worse situations one after the other. Those bad times taught me to be “practical in life”. What does the word “practical” means? I started thinking the other way, started to think if anyone is not taking advantage of me, “what would I get out of this?” thoughts started coming in. Less mindless talks, more thoughtful conversation, no long chats unless something important, hardly long phone calls and a good amount of free time which I can spend without people.

It did help me, now I hardly get carried away by false promises. The prospect of chatting with any damn person seems ‘childish’.  Am I happy? Yes I am happy I am more focused on things, I can easily talk studies rather than gossips. As your parents say be practical in life that will help you, getting carried away never does. Yes it is the truth practically we are happy because success can be achieved more on this path. But on a random day sitting and watching the rains or the setting sun takes you back to nostalgia. The nostalgia is nothing but those carried away days. Although we got into troubles, although we cried we became emotional but we were happy because all those things were done with an innocent mind and innocent heart. No matter how hard the situations were, we never regretted taking any steps during those times.

Memories are always those times in which you never thought about things. You just carried yourself into scheme of things. So whenever anyone asks me “Am I happy?” I say yes but in my heart,” I always say practically, yes” I have learned taking decisions through my mind, I can never think with my heart now. But on a random day standing in the balcony with a free mind, I do miss the emotional fool creature I was which I could never be!

With Love & Regards,
Purvil Kamdar 

4 comments:

  1. very mature thoughts purvil (y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. more practical & through mind means "what people say?" is affect on your decision.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Milan:- In a way yes but not completely.

    ReplyDelete