Friday 18 November 2011

Your Shadow is Watching you ....

Hey Friends,
                        Finally, I am back again with yet another blog post, my college vivas and submission didn’t allow me to write, so finally completing all the boring stuff I am back to my favorite writing bussiness. This time around, I had no topic in my mind, I was very confused as well as disappointed because my writings were getting a bit too monotonous and had some crazy thoughts of closing down my blog, but I just got over all those stuff and started finding my topics and very coincidentally I asked one of my best friends Shail Parikh, to hand over his poems to me, as he is a pretty good poet, while going through his poems, my attention was suddenly grabbed by one of his poems called “Shadow” and after reading that poem, I decided to write my article on the basis of that poem. The poem was something as under :-

                              My shadow follows me wherever I go,
                             It does what I do from head to toe.
                            Whether I am holding a book or a bag;
                           It does the same that copycat.
                          Whenever I stand in light,
                         My shadow is always in sight…
                        Sometimes short and sometimes wide;
                       It always remains by my side.
                      It’s with me every time, each time,
                     Whether I do a good deed or a crime.
                    It won’t get tired whatever I do;
                   Neither will it stop, until I stop too.
                  I wish I had a living shadow;
                 With whom I could share my happiness and sorrow…

-Shail Parikh
  
After going through this poem, I had a funny feeling. I generally don’t read between lines but this poem made me read between the lines and suddenly occupied my mind with thoughts.
The shadow, if we carefully observe our shadow, can we find any expression..?? The answer is No, but our shadow will always follow us, will always imitate us and no matter what the situation is it will always be standing behind us. Every day morning after getting ready we take a look at ourselves in the mirror and move forward looking for a good day, but the main part is, in our free times, how many instances would there be that we are standing in front of the mirror looking at ourselves and analyzing ourselves, analyzing our life decisions, even analyzing our day …?? The answer is hardly any time.

The day we will start doing this activity that will be the day we will be catching hold 90% of our mistakes, the mere mirror image of ourselves will say thousand words without opening its mouth. The best part is, we would not look in our own eyes if we know that we have done something bad. That is something what our shadow does, it will always make you realize that somebody is watching you, the amount of good or bad work is not going unnoticed somebody in the heavens is seeing this and you will be getting the due credits or punishments.




I still remember when I was a small kid, I used to do some crazy things, once while walking on the road I tried to get rid of my shadow for fun, but I was unsuccessful. Some years later I had stolen some chocolate or a pencil from one of my friend and suddenly that evening I was walking on the road and I noticed my shadow and I suddenly tried again to get rid of it and was unsuccessful and suddenly the mere expressionless image of mine created an insecurity in me and made me realize my mistake.




As a child I always used to see the famous controversy cricketer “Sreesanth”, after bowling every ball he used to return to his run up and pump his fist talking something to himself and bowl his delivery. I made a lot of fun of his habit. Some years later, I coincidentally noticed myself doing the same thing when I was down and out, I used to talk to myself a lot sharing every feeling whether sorrow or happiness. No matter how best a friend we have, the things that we can share with ourselves can never be shared with someone else. That is where our shadow comes into the picture, it gives us a confidence that if we are doing some good work, it is not going unnoticed and there is someone in the heavens who will give u justice.

I will wrap up my post by saying that take some time of your life and stand in the mirror and analyze your life, analyze your day. If we start asking questions to ourselves, solutions will keep on coming. The day when we have answers to our questions that is the day we must look back and we will know how far we have come and how successful we are! One of my tuition sir advised me to adapt a habit in my life, which I didn’t adapt to, but was a gem of an advice. He told me that every night when I go to sleep I should just ask a question to myself saying was this day worth living ..?? and I shall have answers to my problem and I will wake up the next day wiser than the previous day. I will end this post by saying your shadow is your best friend and your own conscience is the digest where you will find solution to your life problems. I would like to share a very touching quote at the last.

You are your best friend and you are your worst enemy, its upto us to be our best friend or be our worst enemy”

With Love & Regards,
Purvil Kamdar



5 comments:

  1. its superb!! i must say great ability to write such a flow. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks .. thank you very much ..:D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heheh thanks :D I still remember your appreciation for this piece when you read it the first time in connect :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete